Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"Let's Scare the Crap Out of Mommy" says the Fetus

I had some light spotting this afternoon. It was not bright red, nor heavy. It was just a tiny bit and dark. You know, just enough to start me worrying. I called the docs office and they said to come by between 4 and 4:15 and they'd listen the the baby's heart rate to check it out.
I got there right about 4 and waited. And waited. You think it's a long wait when you have an appointment, try when they just tell you to come by!
So, I finally get in and, of course, had to pee in a cup. I get to the room and the nurse got out the goo & the doppler thing to start trying to find the heartbeat. I kid you not, it took almost 10 fricken minutes before she could find it. Then it took even longer after that to track it down long enough to get a good measurement. She said that it seems to be a very active baby with a good strong heart rate of 168.
This kid is soooo grounded.

No comments: