Monday, March 31, 2008

Back from the sono.....

As the tech started the sonogram, she said "look at that, I'm not moving" and you could see a wiggly little baby on the screen! Yay! After a thorough check of things, I was sent on my way and told the dr's office would call me. The baby's heartrate is 169 and measuring about 14 weeks (I'm about 13w 4days so that's in the area they expect).
The nurse from the dr office called. She said that they won't have the full dictated report from the radiologist for a day or two, but for right now it looks like some kind of placenta hemorrage. They say it looks like it could be placenta previa but won't know for sure until they get the report. The good news is, if it is that, that as the placenta forms & grows it can move so it may not be an issue later.
As for now, I'm still bleeding. Obviously on vaginal rest and not lifting heavy things but other than that, business as normal. Hopefully the bleeding will slow & stop within the next day or two. If not (or if it gets worse) I'll give the doc a call & see what they have to say.
keeping my fingers crossed

No comments: