Thursday, June 04, 2009

L.O.L. Baby!

no, not laugh out loud....Locks of Love!!
Several months ago, fairly out of the blue, Faith announced that she wanted her hair cut. Short. I told her that was fine but we had to wait until after her dance recital (so I could put it up). Since she wanted it so short I asked her if she thought it would be a good idea to make sure her hair was long enough and she could donate it to locks of love for some other little girl that didn't have hair. She thought that was a fantastic idea. (10 inches is the minimum length to donate)
The dance recital was Memorial weekend and she's been asking about her haircut since. I keep asking her different questions to try to make sure she's ready. She is. So, the cut starts!
And here we are, with the 10 1/2 inches in a ponytail no longer on her head!!
And this is the final result. This is only her 3rd haircut in her (almost) 5 years of life. It's such a change! Faith loves it. As of tonight she is thrilled, I just hope she's not sad & missing it tomorrow! I have the Faith-less ponytail in a plastic bag, I just have to get a padded envelope (per the instructions) to mail it in and we will ship it off. I'm so proud of my baby!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Awww. She looks so cute with short hair and I'm so impressed that she donated her extra hair to Locks of Love.

sharona said...

She asked me on Friday if she could do it in a ponytail again the next time she gets it cut. I asked why, because if she wants to keep it short we don't have to wait for it to get long again before we cut it. She said, But no, it has to be long to give it to the kids again. So she's ready to let it grow long & donate it again! Makes a mom proud!