Friday, October 23, 2009

She's An Original

Last night we had Faith's first parent teacher conference of her kindergarten career. It was, pretty much, a glowing reivew. Her teacher said that she is responsible, helpful, dependible and a good listener (among other things).
The teacher did bring up that Faith tells her she is tired, often. Which I figured would come up! A month or so ago Faith told me one morning that her teacher told her to ask me if she could go to bed earlier. I thought, Great!! She probably thinks my kid is staying up late on school nights 'till like ten (and getting drunk on the weekends). So Faith's bedtime had been 8:30 at the latest so that was changed to 8 and some nights even 7:30. But I figured it would come up! So we discussed the changes and she said since Faith was letting us know she was tired she figured there had been a change, she just wanted to mention it.
Something else that her teacher said was that as a teacher you see the same types of kids every year, you can pick out which ones they are, but she has never before had a "Faith". I belevie that is a good thing, a compliment. She was smiling when she said it anyway!
We are quite proud of our little girl. I am so glad that she is enjoying school and that so far, learning is coming easy for her. I hope that lasts.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My mom ran into one of my high school teachers the other day, and this teacher said something like, "You're not allowed to have favorites, but now that I'm retired I can say that Sarah was my favorite student of all time." Which floored me because I never had a close relationship with this teacher and didn't really feel like I was anything special. But it sure was a compliment!

Faith's teacher will remember her in the future if she's as unique as it seems!!