Monday, October 29, 2007

Soooo....this means I don't have to study, right?

No testing. As my doctor has explained it, at this point there is no need to do any testing until after the 3rd consecutive miscarriage. Reason being? Statistically the next time should be fine. Also because he says there is no reason to waste the time, effort and money and not to mention give us false hope that it'll all be figured out. Here's the deal as he explained it: Even with all the testing, the majority of the time there is no cause to be found for multiple miscarriages. And if there is a cause to be found....most of those there is no "cure" for. Basically you would be aware that you would have whatever specific condition and be aware that this could cause a miscarriage.
As the plan stands now....wait 3 months before starting to try again. However, I did bring up that it took a year & a half to get pregnant this last time. I've now got to set up an appointment in a couple months to discuss our options to address that. I have to get my blood drawn once a week until my hormone levels return to normal. Once I get myself all put back together we'll talk about I suppose drugs to take to get me knocked up.
Also on a lovely side note, thursday at work I flushed what there was of the baby. I went out & got myself severly drunk that night. I had a lovely time. Caught up with an old friend who was back (stationed in Germany, been in Iraq for the last year), met a couple new friends & could barely function with my hangover friday at work. However, I work with some very understanding people!

3 comments:

ABW said...

I'm so sorry. I lost two babies and they said they wouldn't test till the third either and I asked if it would make a difference and he agreed with me and tested. I was low on progesterone and after getting the medication right away, it worked for me the next time. I'll be thinking about you.

sharona said...

It's nice to hear other peoples take on things/experiences.
I actually have an appointment at the end of December to discuss things. I think I might bring this up to him. I googled some stuff on it and it seems like something simple to test for! I'm kind of antsy & want to get pregnant again as soon as possible. I figure if I'm lucky things will go good, if not then I'll get my 3rd miscarriage in a row and get the tests going. That might be kind of cynical, but I guess I'll take what I can get.

ABW said...

Hopefully they will test for it as it is a simple solution. Let me know what they say, I'm rooting for you!