Thursday, February 07, 2008

Of Vampires and Probes

Yesterday morning I got more blood drawn and my hcg level is 6081! I had figured it needed to be at least 5280 to be safe so that is good. I even got my sonogram yesterday afternoon. I had the normal goo on the stomach one then we had to do the transvaginal to get a better look. There wasn't much to see since it's so early. And with their measuring I'd be due 10/5 but going by my last period I have a due date of 9/28. So, I'm not really sure how far along I am or my due date yet. I was awaiting the official report back from my dr and they just called this morning. The nurse said I'm measuring smaller than we'd thought (which the ultrasound tech told me) and that they could see the heartbeat. However, it's only 89 (I think it's supposed to be around 120). I'm told it's not uncommon for it to be a little slow this early & then pick up to where it's supposed to be. So I've got another sono scheduled for the 15th to just kind of check & see.
Let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love reading your blog. it gives me a lot of hope. i left you a comment on an older one about your tattoo. congratulations on the pregnancy.

Sarah said...

Good news...and good luck.

(And, you know, I'm not normally a "luck" type of person, but this is the one area where luck has a whole lot more to say about it than anything we can do.)

ABW said...

Great news!!!

Erin said...

Yay! I'm really happy for you!