Monday, September 08, 2008

Back from the Doctor....

Well I learned a few things this morning at my appointment. My baby is a little big, but not scary huge! Although there is extra amniotic fluid and that can be a sign of other problems they see no other signs that would indicate a problem. I'm just in the category of extra fluid for no known reason. As far as the subject of baby being breech this is what I've got:

1) wait & see if he'll flip on his own. Usually they don't at this point (although they can) because they've pretty much run out of room. However, with the extra fluid in there for him to float around in he might actually have room.

2) schedule an external inversion. Obviously this has some risks. Not only do you have the risks to the baby to take into consideration, there's also that there's only about a 50% chance this will work. Then, even if it does work, there's a 5% chance he'll flip back. Which actually is a little higher since I have extra fluid. And then there's the fact that this is quite an uncomfortable procedure.

3) give up & just schedule a c-section.

I'm pretty much going for choice #3 hopeful that choice #1 ends up hapening! They'll schedule the c-section for about 2 1/2 weeks from now (I don't have a date yet, maybe tomorrow. If not I'll know next week.) and we'll go from there.


Also, I almost forgot...aparentley the thought of my water breaking was enough to make to good doctor have a chuckle. With the extra fluid he imagines it will be quite a mess. Glug glug...

No comments: