Sunday, September 14, 2008

THE PLAN

.....as it stands for now anyway.
I am on the schedule for a c-section on the 24th. Although I really really don't want to have a c-section this is the way it will be. I know, I can wait longer & see if he will flip on his own. However, the most important thing to me is that this child arrives safely. I am not comfortable waiting around longer to see what happens. I'm not comfortable pressing my luck. Since he is not head down, if my water were to break I could face the problem of a cord prolapse.
This does make me a little sad though. It's not so much that this pregnancy will result in a c-section so much as that any subsequent pregnancies will end with the same result (ya know, as long as we make it full term if I happen to get pregnant again). At our hospital it is their policy to not do VBAC's. I know, some people will say that if I'm really against having a c-section I should try other things, wait etc. And, those same people will have something to say about the hospital not allowing a VBAC. Here's the thing. I'm not one to argue with medical professionals when it involves the live birth of my child (and I am not as informed at they are). The baby being ALIVE and me, also, being ALIVE are the two most important factors in my opinion. This is not to say that I take everything every doctor ever tells me as gospel and the only way things can be. I have my own thoughts, questions and opinions which I discuss with them or research to the best of my ability.
So, that is it. Ten days for this kid to flip.

No comments: