Saturday, January 10, 2009

Baby Weight...and the regular kind too

I have weight issues. Always have. The thinest I ever was is when I graduated from high school & started college. I did not gain the fresheman 15. I lost weight. Of course, it's not because I was eating healthy & exercising! I was on a mostly liquid diet. Alcohol liquid. I'd stay up late partying & drinking, get up hung over & not hungry. Go to class or work, depending on the day. Proabably eat a late lunch/early supper then start up the partying again! Now, I realize this was not healthy, but boy was it fun! Anyway, not a diet I care to really go back to at this point in my life.
So, my final weight when Dominic was born was, I beleive, 245. About 10 of which was gained in the last month. My weight when I became pregnant hovered around 228-232. Around the time Dominic was 5 weeks old, I weighed 213. Then, I started gaining weight back. After the holidays of eating, the most I weighed was 234. I then rejoined the gym & went on a diet. On the 1st "official" day of my diet I weighed 230.5lbs. That was December 30th. As of today I have lost 5.5lbs. Crap. I have been practically starving myself and going to the gym for ONLY 5.5 lbs. I know for 12 days that's probably good but it's still frustrating. I think the reason it frustrates me most is because of the flabby baby belly. I'm going to have to do some massive sit-ups & what not if I want to make a differnce in that area. Spending time on the treadmill & lifting weights, etc. aren't going to fix that problem.
Anyway. I hate weight. I hate being fat. I hate having a flabby belly that, by the way, is still numb. Nothing like nerve damage from a flippin c-section. I hope I can stick to my new diet. I'm basically trying to pay attention to the calories I consume. That's something I've never really paid attention to. I actually ran across this place, which I think is helping me a lot.

*By the way, I NEVER tell people my weight. Scary stuff. Don't tell anyone!

2 comments:

CaliValleyGirl said...

Unsolicited advice here, but I just wanted to say, yes weight is a way to measure progress, but a "mere" 5.5lb weightloss could also be hiding a muscle gain of say 1.5lbs and a fat loss of 7lbs. So don't get discouraged with "slow" progress. It took time to gain the weight and it will take time to lose it again. Also, starving yourself is counterproductive when you are trying to lose weight, because if you don't have the energy to exercise, you might blow it off. Also, if your body feels deprived it tends to go after muscle, as well as fat. So, if you are losing weight, but losing muscle at the same time, it will result in it being even more difficult for you to burn fat. That is the vicious yo-yo cycle that people get into.
It's good to focus on healthy eating, and building muscle, in addition to doing cardio exercise. Anyhoo, if I haven't annoyed you with my advice (I really want to applaud you and encourage you), and you are interested in having a online fitness buddy, send me an email:calivalleygirl-at-yahoo.com

sharona said...

*sigh* I love you! (not in che creepy way, in the bloggy way!)
I'll be emailing you soon, any help/support/encouragement is good! The husband will be out of town for almost a week & I'll be busy single mom-ing it, so I won't have much time, but when I get a minute I will!