Monday, May 12, 2008

Baby Stuff (of course)

For the last several weeks Faith has been insisting she's having a baby sister. Any time anyone mentions the baby she says "I know, I'm having a sister!" Then, everyone always looks at us like, you know what you're having & didn't tell us! Um, no. Faith is just insisting it's a girl.
At the beginning of last week, she started saying she was having a brother. Every time (just like when she'd say it was a girl) we gently remind her that MAYBE she'd have a brother, but it could be a sister. I just really didn't want her getting stuck on one or the other.
Last Friday we had a sonogram & took Faith with us so she could see the baby wiggling around & hear it's heartbeat. As she got started, the woman doing the sonogram asked if we were wanting to find out what we were having. We told her we did, so she got right down to business. Just in case the baby wasn't cooperating, there were plenty of other things she had to measure & we could come back to it later.
Our child is not shy. Right away you could see the scrawny little legs in a "V" with knobby knees at the top. And a teenie weenie poking up in between. It's a boy! I tried to scan the picture but it didn't work too well. When I have a minute I'll try it again but I can't promise anything.
So, Faith is telling EVERYONE she's having a baby brother. (the people at the store while we were shopping, the woman who checked us out) It's so cute, every once in awhile she comes up to me & says "I can't believe I'm having a baby brother!"
As for me, I'm excited, but it's an adjustment! I think just beacuse I know what I'm doing with a baby girl (well, as much as you can anyway) and I'm just a little nervous of the change!
The day after the sonogram I had a baby shower to go to for the husband's cousin & his fiancee. They're having a girl in early June. So, after the shower I came home & sorted through 2 huge plastic tubs of baby girl clothes. I kept a few of Faith's things (like what she came home from the hospital in & a few other special things) and anything gender neutral that I would put a boy in. The rest was sent home with them to Colorado.
Then, I went & bought some cute little boy things! Time to start thinking blue!
Oh, and MOST importantly, the baby looks great & is growing just like he's supposed to. He's still measuring a week ahead.
Also, want to know how much of a dork I am? They told me that by his measurements he weighs about 10oz. So, when i went back to work I piled up envelopes on the postage meter to 10oz so I could feel in my hands how much he weighs. It's heavier than you'd think! Yes, I'm a dork, but it was fun!

1 comment:

Erin said...

YAY!!!! I told you I had a boy vibe!!! (But then again, I had a 50/50 chance...I'm not exactly what I would call psychic material.)

I'm so glad to hear the news!!