Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sick Day

I dropped Faith off at daycare this morning and went to work. Shortly before 8:30 my cell phone rang. I picked it up to shut the ringer off & looked at who was calling. It was Faith's daycare. So, I answered. Her baby sitter asked if I could come pick Faith up because she had just puked all over the living room. I told her I'd be over shortly.
I said, rather loudly, "I have to go pick up my daughter, she just threw up." I said it mostly so the boss would hear me, but the other two did too (it is a small office).
The new lady had actually just set down in the boss's office to go over some stuff with him and she said to me "Oh, so what are you going to do?"
"Um, go pick her up" (Didn't I just say that? Could have swore I did.....)
I was not in the mood for her and since she was in John's office I went back to talk to Ron. I told him I would see if the husband could come home at noon & switch me so I could come back to work. We were really busy yesterday with claims because of all the tornados/storms from the weekend and I have a lot of work to do. But, I didn't know. I may not be back today.
Anyway, left a message for the husband to call me back & let me know. I picked up Faith and on our way home she said "mommy, as soon as we get home can I go throw up in the bathroom? I still really need to." Um, sure! I just hoped she could hold it in across town! So, she's thrown up a few more times since then. And, the husband called. They had a server go down at work so there's no way he can take off this afternoon. However, his grandma can watch Faith, I just have to driver her the 20 or so minutes over there. We're waiting awhile until we see how the puking goes.
I feel bad for not just staying home with her when she's feeling crappy, but I've already taken the whole day off tomorrow because Faith has rehersal in the morning for her friday night dance recital. Not only does 2 days not being paid kind of suck, but I have so much work to do. I figure it will pile up thursday too, so there will be that much more for me friday. That and the new lady doesn't do a whole lot. And, she's not staying. More on that later.

No comments: