Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Trip

Our trip to WA was wonderful. I'm really very glad we were finally able to make it out & visit. There were several times as we were all sitting around the living room hanging out & talking that I just kind of stopped & looked around & was just kind of like, "wow. I'm really finally here again." But for the most part, it was more like we always come visit & it hadn't been 16 1/2 years.


It was also very fortunate that during our visit my aunt T was doing well. She was able to spend time with us & play with the kids. I know she would get tired & go rest but we were able to spend quality time with her. I think she made a lasting impression on Faith! Aunt T gave her kool aid for breakfast and pretty much at any other time too! Faith really enjoyed aunt T's dogs. Penny is a little deaf dog that would hang out by Faith on the floor & get some loving. Then there was Milo, whom aunt T was afraid might um...eat the children. However, Milo was a perfect gentelman! It took him just a little bit to warm up & then he would hang out for awhile then go in the other room for some quiet time. When we were flying out of Seattle Faith seemed a little sad. I asked her what was wrong & she said she missed Penny & Milo!


I was a little concerned about the akwardness factor with my dad & stepmom. I would say things were great.
My dad & Dominic
I was not really sure how to address the "this is my dad & stepmom and uh, your grandpa" with Faith. I put it off until the last minute because I really just didn't know what to say. After they had pulled up at my grandparents & were on their way in Faith & I were standing in the kitchen. I said "hey Faith. So, that guy (we saw them out the window) is my dad. Sooo, that makes him your grandpa." Faith kind of gave me a suprised funny look & says "so, you have two dads?! Awesome!" and moved on with life. There you have it. Nice & simple!

My Aunt T, Aunt C, stepmom & dad

No comments: