Friday, January 25, 2008

In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain...

For a fleeting moment yesterday, a thought occurred to me that I have not had in many years. There is a possibility that I may have a perfectly normal, uneventful pregnancy. I just kind of stopped for a second in the middle of what I was doing and thought "huh."



Fast forward to less than 24 hours later at around 4 o'clock this afternoon and I'm spotting. Just a little & it comes and goes. I keep telling myself it's early enough that it's possible it is only implantation bleeding. I'm not very convincing. However, I'm trying not to stress out about it too much seeing as there's nothing I can do at this moment. Monday morning I'll give my doc a call & see if I can go get a quantitative hcg test done (then redone wednesday morning) to see where we're at. It's still possible things could be ok. I'm just trying not to think about it.

1 comment:

ABW said...

I had spotting with my first. Can you call L&D and ask them if there is something they can put into the system so you can run to the lab? Maybe your doc is on call this weekend?

Hang in there, we're thinking of you!