Monday, January 28, 2008

In-Utero Happenings

This morning I went and got my hcg level checked. Currently it is 184.
I am currently somewhere between 4 weeks and 5 weeks (theoretically)

Normal hcg ranges:
4 weeks 5 - 426
5 weeks 18- 17,340

So, I'm in the range. I just have to wait & see what the results of my restest are on wednesday. It needs to be at least 368 for things to be going good. If it goes down, not good. If it goes up, but doesn't double, that also is not good, but I don't know exactly what it means. So, waiting for wednesday.

UPDATE: 1/30/08
Got the retest done this morning......it's 440!!!!!!!!! So far so good! The doc has been in surgery all morning but the nurse said she'd talk to him later & see if he wanted to restest later (still not high enough for a sonogram) or what. And she'll call me back & let me know. Big sigh of relief for now!
Thanks for all the happy thoughts & prayers! They seem to be working! : )

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope you don't mind me saying this; I don't want to upset you with it. But I read about your last miscarriage and took it as a Science Lesson on what a miscarriage would be like. While I was pregnant, I even had a nightmare that I was sitting in the bathtub in blood. And of course, once I finally did miscarry, it was nothing like yours :) Such is life.

I have wondered about you for a while but never made it over to your blog to see how things were going. I am very happy to hear that you're pregnant again, and I wish you all the good vibes in the world for a successful pregnancy.

I'll keep checking back.

P.S. I was on the phone with Erin yesterday when your package arrived. :)

Erin said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you!

And by the way, I love all of the goodies you sent! Thank you so much...And the Christmas card was beautiful too.

Yay! You're pregnant!

sharona said...

Sarah - Don't worry, it doesn't bother me at all! Of course, when you're pregnant, you're told a mc is possible but nobody tells you what to expect. Each experience is a different but I wish I'd have known some of the stuff I was going to be going through. And good luck to you in your pregnancy endeavors!

Erin - I'm such a slacker on my Christmas cards!! I was kind of embarrased to send them out so late, but I'd already ordered them so I thought, why not!
I'm glad you got the package, I wasn't sure how long it would take to get to you, don't you just love the tiny diner mat? I think we about wore ours out but it's so nice to know they're eating their finger food off of a clean surface!