Monday, June 16, 2008

What a Horrible Person

I could not beleive this story when I read it. It is insane.

"What we got from witnesses is he was punching, slapping, kicking, stomping, shaking," Singh said. "They tried to intervene and get involved, but their efforts really didn't have an effect. The suspect was engaged in what he was doing. He just pushed them off and went back to it."

I know it says people tried to stop him. But how hard did they try, really? I can understand the elderly couple that stopped maybe not being able to do much. But what about all the other people? Some try to fight the asshole off, or at least distract him, while someone else picks up the child & puts him in a car. Maybe it was because he was big, angry and strong. I'm not just for random violence, but get your damn tire iron out of your car & use it on the guy. I'm sure it seems more simple to me sitting here to say that than it was to the people there at the time but it just seems like they didn't try hard enough. Which, really, is probably what they are all thinking too.

A sheriff's helicopter responding to emergency calls from the area landed in a cow pasture at 10:19 p.m. carrying a Modesto police officer who shot the man to death after he refused an order to stop beating the child, Singh said.

A co-worker and I were discussing this & she said that if the police had to shoot him to get him to stop, how were the other people supposed to stop him? I pointed out to her that it says nothing about the police trying to physically stop him before resorting to shooting him (she seemed to think that they shot him after they could not physically restrain him). I just cannot imagine what this poor little boy went through. Was his whole (short) life this abusive? It may sound bad, but I hope he died early on in the beating/murder so he didn't have to feel it. Poor baby, at least he's not hurting anymore.

No comments: